Very Vanilla Vegan Pancakes

Friday, August 17, 2012

This is a nice, simple recipe using ingredients I usually have hanging around. Well, expect the vanilla soymilk--I only buy that occasionally for a treat. I just use regular milk in this (which promptly ends the recipe's status as 'vegan'). My other changes are in red. Wonderful recipe for pancakes with the kids! Oh, and I'm not sure what "Mexican Vanilla" is, but I use regular imitation vanilla extract. :)


Very Vanilla Vegan Pancakes
teamgulley via mylittlecelebration.com

makes 8-10 pancakes | adapted from food.com
Ingredients
1 c flour (1/2 c. all purpose, 1/2 c. white whole wheat)
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp baking powder {no, not teaspoons}
pinch salt
1 c light vanilla soy milk (
I usually use regular milk)
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp Mexican vanilla (
I use 1 T. vanilla if using regular milk)
Method 
 Turn griddle to medium heat. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the wet and then add them to the dry. Stir until just combined and no large lumps remain. Spoon about 1/3 c measurements onto the greased griddle. Carefully flip when bubbles appear on top or the edges look dry, then cook for 1-2 minutes more. Serve with vegan butter and agave nectar or maple syrup. Or sprinkles, if you dare.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Little*Garden*Kitchen Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino