Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala

Saturday, March 9, 2013


We are new lovers of Chicken Tikka Masala. The first time I made it, I used this recipe from Pioneer Woman, and the flavor was amazing, but it took a few steps and some effort. This crockpot recipe is much simpler, and honestly, I don't know that there is any flavor missing. I like to have Tikka Masala with turmeric rice (the vivid, almost clashing colors of red and yellow and green is surreal) (click here for recipe), but naan bread is out-of-this-world delish with this meal.

Note: I didn't have fire roasted tomatoes, so I used plain canned diced tomatoes. Also, I think one pound of chicken would be plenty, and will cut it down next time.



Chicken Tikka Masala (Slow Cooker Version) 


28 oz Muir Glen Fire Roasted crushed tomatoes
1 small onion, minced
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced 
2 Tbsp garam masala
1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
2 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used half organic thighs and half organic breasts)
2-3 tsp kosher salt (it's 2 lbs of chicken, so you need it!)
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
fresh cilantro, a handful, chopped


Combine all ingredients, except yogurt, in slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours. Stir in yogurt and cilantro.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Little*Garden*Kitchen Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino