Wild Mushroom and Greens Soup

Sunday, July 1, 2012



This is a simple mushroom soup that is great if you need to use up some greens. I had a bunch of chard from my CSA that needed a home, and this is where it went! I was able to find each type of mushroom needed at Meijer. The different mushrooms add such nice texture. I halved the recipe and froze portions for myself for lunches, because although I find it filling and good, my family is not crazy for greens in their soup. One of these days I WILL convert them!



WILD MUSHROOM, WHITE BEAN AND GREENS SOUP
Souper Jenny
Ingredients
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
4 cups shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
4 cups oyster mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
8 ounces button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 cup dry sherry
4 cups white beans (canned), rinsed
2 bunches of your favorite winter greens, chopped (kale, Swiss chard or broccoli leaves)
4 quarts low-sodium vegetable broth
Preparation
Heat olive oil in soup pot. On medium heat saute onion and garlic until soft. Add all mushrooms and saute until soft. Add sherry and broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat, add greens and white beans and simmer 45 minutes. With a hand blender, pulse soup a few times. If too thick for your taste, add more broth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Little*Garden*Kitchen Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino