Whisk Pizza Dough

Sunday, March 25, 2012


Look at our heart shaped pizza...cute! I'd like to say I did it intentionally, but really, I find it impossible to make ROUND pizza, so we get all kinds of shapes and sizes when we have pizza.

Here's yet another delicious option for homemade pizza dough! This one has AWESOME flavor. It has a nice chewy texture. I love my other doughs, too: Perfect Pizza Dough and Olive Dough...but hey, I also love having options. ;) This dough needs a couple of hours to rise before putting it in the fridge, so I make it on the weekend, put it in the fridge after it rises for a couple of hours, and then take it out whatever night I have a Pizza Night planned, up to two weeks later (I've never let it go longer than a week--the flavor gets more 'sour' the longer it sits. I usually use it within 3 days).

While some of the measurements are tricky to cut in half, it's doable--the recipe makes too much for one night. If you want to make it simple and just make the whole recipe, NO problem, just use half the recipe for pizza night, then save the rest for breadsticks on another night. I will be making this dough often! Oh yes, the best part...NO KNEADING required!


Whisk Pizza Dough

2 c. white whole wheat flour
2 1/4 t. rapid-rise yeast
1 T. salt
1 3/4 c. warm water
4 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. olive oil
1 c. warm water

1. In a big bowl combine the white whole wheat flour and yeast. Give it a quick stir to distribute yeast and then add salt and 1 3/4 c. warm water. Stir to dampen flour and then with a whisk or big spoon stir briskly for 1 minute to develop the gluten.

2. Add all-purpose flour, olive oil, and other 1 c. of warm water. Stir mixture until all flour is damp.

3. Cover the bowl with a plate or a piece of waxed paper. Let dough rise for 1-2 hours.

4. Refrigerate dough overnight or for up to 2 weeks.


Source: Wildly Affordable Organic by Linda Watson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Little*Garden*Kitchen Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino