Breakfast Muffins

Friday, December 9, 2011



Here's the first recipe I actually created myself. I messed around with the measurements and the ingredients until I had a muffin I really liked. I freeze them and take one out each morning to warm up in the microwave. I love the texture and the tiny bursts of just-enough-sweetness from the raisins!

Ingredients
4 medium very ripe bananas, mashed (I puree them in the Magic Bullet)
1/2 c. applesauce
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1/4 c. honey

(dry ingredients are flexible. If I'm out of any of the various flours/bran, I just make sure I have 1 and 3/4 c. of some combination of them)

1 c. whole wheat flour (I like whole wheat graham flour)
1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 c. wheat bran
1 t. baking soda
1/2 c. raisins

Mix all wet ingredients in one bowl, and the dry in another bowl (including raisins). Dump dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold gently until completely moist. Divide into greased muffin tin cups (I get 11 muffins). Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. If you let the muffins cool in pan for about 10-20 minutes, you should be able to gently pry/twist them out, then let them cool completely before putting in a ziplock gallon bag to freeze. Take one out in the morning, microwave for 45 seconds, and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Little*Garden*Kitchen Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino