Grilled Potatoes with Parmesan and Herbs

Friday, January 13, 2012


I started making this recipe before I realized it is intended for the grill (yes, I realize the word 'grilled' is in the title...I think the word 'Parmesan' blinded me temporarily). I couldn't convince the hubby to scrape snow off the grill cover to finish supper, so I improvised and turned on my oven's broiler instead. The potatoes turned out sooo good! Will definitely make them again using the broiler, and probably try them out on the grill, as well, once the birds start singing out there!

Grilled Potatoes with Parmesan and Herbs

Ingredients

3 lbs small red skinned potatoes (or whatever smallish potatoes you have on hand)
4 T. olive oil
1 c. thinly sliced green onions
3 T. chopped Italian parsley
3 T. grated Parmesan
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 t. fresh oregano (I used 1 t. dried)

Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and cool.

Prepare grill (med. heat). Cut potatoes in half, transfer to a large bowl. Add 2 T. olive oil and toss to coat. Grill potatoes until golden, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes (this took about twice as long when I put them under my oven's broiler). Transfer to bowl. Drizzle 2 T. olive oil over and add remaining ingredients. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Little*Garden*Kitchen Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino