Bowties with Ham

Tuesday, January 22, 2013


This recipe is very versatile. I adapted it from a Pillsbury recipe. You could put any veggie in it, and you could omit the ham completely to make it vegetarian. As it was, I had ham in my freezer to use that my mom had sent home leftover from Christmas. Since I don't normally have ham sitting around (and never cook it), this will end up becoming a veggie-filled vegetarian pasta dish from now on!

I really want to highlight the alfredo sauce (click on link in the recipe). It's an easy way to make lower-fat alfredo!

Bowties with Ham
3 c. uncooked bowtie pasta (6 oz)
1 jar alfredo sauce ( I used lowfat homeamade sauce, click here)
1 c. frozen cut green beans
1 c. diced cooked ham
4 oz Havarti cheese, shredded

1. Heat oven to 350. Spray 2 quart casserole with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Halfway through cooking time, put the green beans in the boiling water with the pasta.

2. Meanwhile, in 3 quart saucepan, heat pasta sauce over medium heat, stirring freequently, until hot. Gently stir in cooked pasta and green beans, ham, and 1/2 c. of the cheese. Pour into the casserole.

3. Cover; bake 35 to 45 mins. or until bubbly. Top with remaining cheese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Little*Garden*Kitchen Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino