Sweet Potato Hash

Sunday, June 2, 2013


This is more of a method than a recipe, and you could change it up however you want: different spices or different veggies. The sweet poato, apple, and spinach went together so well. I used up green peppers that I had frozen, but fresh would be even better. This made an awesome, filling lunch!

Note: Just one handful of spinach is sufficient if it's all you have, and I am very partial to using smoked paprika...mmmmmm I LOVE that stuff!

SWEET POTATO HASH - mylilsopapilla
peel and dice one sweet potato
Peel core and dice one apple
Dice one green and one red bell pepper
Dice half of an onion
2 handfuls of baby spinach
2 cloves of garlic
Seasonings (I mix it up each time. Last night I used chili powder, salt, pepper, cinnamon and cumin)

Heat EVOO over medium heat in saute pan. Add two cloves of garlic and saute till fragrant. Then add all ingredients except spinach. Add seasonings. Saute over medium heat till potatoes start to soften. Add spinach at the end till it starts to wilt. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Little*Garden*Kitchen Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino