Garlic and Herb Potato Wedges

Saturday, June 29, 2013


I've made many potato wedges in my life, and always thought a recipe for something so simple was overrated. However, you've got to try this one. It's perfect! I love the tip of putting the potatoes up on their skins--it results in just the right amount of crisp, everywhere, without having to flip the potatoes halfway through. Plus, laying them out on the baking sheet with the skins down allows me to fit all my potatoes on one sheet. This recipe is simple, delicious, and I've made it three times already.

The ingredients are very flexible. I have used up to 8 'regular sized' potatoes. 2 T. oil instead of three is sufficient. If using more potatoes, just up the herbs a little.

You can really fit a lot of potatoes on a sheet when they are standing up on their skins!

Garlic and Herb Potato Wedges (the red changes indicates how I usually make them)
OP BasilPerfume

Makes 8 portions
Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 35 minutes

Total Time: 55 minutes

Ingredients:

4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and rinsed (I use 8)
3 tablespoons olive oil (I use 2)
4 cloves garlic, minced and mashed against the cutting board with the flat of a knife (I use 1 t. garlic powder)
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed fine (3/4)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (3/4)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (3/4)
1/2 teaspoon paprika (3/4)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (3/4)
1 teaspoon salt (1.5)
Preparation:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Cut each half, lengthwise, into 4 equally sized wedges. Add the potato wedges to a large mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Toss meticulously to coat the potatoes evenly.

Line a sheet pan with foil.(I just spray the pan with a bit of cooking spray and I don't have a problem with sticking.) Place the potato wedges, skin side down, on the foil. Be sure to space evenly, so they cook uniformly. Bake for 35 minutes, or until well browned, crusty edged, and tender. Serve immediately, sprinkled with more salt if desired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Little*Garden*Kitchen Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino