Mexican Rice

Monday, November 28, 2011




Another babycenter recipe that has become a tried and true for me. It reminds me of 'restaurant' Mexican rice--fluffy and light.


Mexican Rice
Ingredients
1 c. white rice (I use long grained)
Vegetable oil
3 T. white onion, chopped (I use more...I love onions)
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 c. canned plain tomatoes, blended smooth (I like to use salsa)
1 Knorr chicken bullion cube
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. salt (I omit this...bullion cube has enough salt for us)
2 c. water

Pour rice into saucepan and add enough oil that all the rice is evenly coated (I've never measured it, but I'd guess about 2 or 3 T.). Stir almost constantly over medium heat until the rice is very 'tan'. Add the onion and garlic and continue to stir for another minute. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. You can add a bit of frozen veggies at this point if desired. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove lid, fluff it up, and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Little*Garden*Kitchen Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino