Mom's Vegetable Beef Soup

Monday, November 28, 2011

This is my husband's mom's recipe. Every time she makes it I eat WAY too much! It's a homey and thick pot of magic! I haven't made it myself yet, but I still consider it tried and true. I rarely use ground beef, so when I do finally make it myself, I will probably use ground turkey.

Ingredients
2 lbs. ground beef
3 large potatoes, diced
2 small cans V8 juice (or 2 c.)
1 lb can whole tomatoes, crushed with hands
2 cans green beans, drained
1 can white corn, drained
1 onion, chopped
garlic powder
Mrs. Dash
salt and pepper

Brown the ground beef and onion in soup pot. Add remaining ingredients (spices to taste), and simmer until potatoes are fork-tender.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Little*Garden*Kitchen Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino