Tuna Casserole I

Monday, November 28, 2011


This is one of the recipes I fall back on when time and inspiration run short, but I want to avoid takeout pizza. It is creamy and delicious...gets a thumbs up from the whole family, which is increasingly difficult to do!

I have to note, however, that anymore I don't have cream soups in the cupboard. They are just so full of yucky things. I'm still experimenting with substitutions for 'cream-of' soups, which I used to rely on for so many recipes.


Tuna Casserole 1
Ingredients:
2 c. dry penne, or experiment with other pastas (whole wheat works well in this recipe)
1/2 c. onion, finely chopped
2 (6 oz) cans tuna, well drained
1 can cream of celery soup
1/4 c. low-fat mayo
1/2 c. milk
2 t. Mrs. Dash (original)
1/2 t. powdered garlic
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 c. shredded cheddar (we love sharp)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 11x7 casserole pan (the pan I use is actually smaller than this, put the casserole fits in fine). Boil the pasta according to 'al dente' directions on box. Drain the pasta, and add onion and tuna to the pan, mix well.

Put remaining ingredients, except cheese, in a saucepan and warm over medium heat, stirring until combined. Add to pasta mixture, stir, pour into casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle on the cheese, and return to oven for 5-7 minutes to melt cheese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Little*Garden*Kitchen Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino